Motto

The Whole Picture is Nothing But a Compilation of Details.


Thursday, April 12, 2012

The World is My Oyster

It was once said that I am the wife of the great seafarer and explorer Christopher Columbus.

I ponder this, as I sit squashed in with some 180 people on a plane high up in the air on my way to Nicaragua: Why this desire to travel to far-flung places?

All of my needs, according to Maslow's pyramid, are filled to one extent or another.
I don't even travel to "get away" from the mundane or the stressful as many (most?) people do.
But I have this creature living inside of me that needs to be fed, seemingly and slightly alarmingly, on a regular basis. It's a curiosity that needs to be stilled. I need to learn. To stretch the limits of my comfort zone. To see what's on the horizon. I'll keep going until I get there.

The world is my oyster.

No comments:

Post a Comment